Saturday, August 15, 2009

A change of pace...

During my morning run today I made a few realizations about my life. Well, it has been ongoing to be honest, but this morning it really peaked and materialized for me: I make a lot of excuses for things that make me unhappy. I stress out about a lot and it usually results in me feeling like I do not have control over a lot of situations. The problem is that I do have control. Feeling like I do not is just an excuse. I am not ready to go into this into to much depth right now...call it just getting to know you guys, but I have dealt with some depressive periods in my life. And it all comes down to feeling like there is a loss of control.

I have battled and really made forward strides in this area of my life, but I am still having to work on it. The bottom line is that when I start to feel overwhelmed or stressed I am going to look at the situation and just come up with solutions to that problem. Period. Because honestly, without getting too sappy, I have a wonderful life. I am in love with my best friend, my boys are completely and utterly wrapped around my heart it sometimes hurts in such a beautiful way and to top it off I have my health. So basically, what I am trying to say is that I am so very tired of getting upset over ridiculous, meaningless things!

This is on my mind so I thought I would share. A bit weird to do so....but it is honest and what I am dealing with. So be it :)

I'll leave you with a few scenes from my evening. I tried a salad out of my new Martha Stewart mag that came in a few days ago. It was yummy and fresh and went incredibly well with my husband's grilled pork.
Have I mentioned that my husband also cooks and bakes? He does and it's wonderful!

I will mention that I did put a bit too much mint and so added tomatoes to help offset that flavor. It was incredibly yummy after that.

breathe.............

............goodnight ;)

No comments: