Monday, August 10, 2009

A little bummed....but only a little ;)

So this morning as I was trying to figure out what I wanted to make today I focused in on one of my new stones and decided to turn it into a necklace. I've been ultra excited to get started on my new cabs so this morning I rushed downstairs to get started. Unfortunately, upon closer inspection that stone had a tiny chip on the surface. Ugh....that really sucked. It was such a beautiful stone. Well, I just thought, 'what the heck,' and moved on to the next stone. Umm okay, well the next cab had a teeny tiny chip in it as well. After further inspection I found one more with a small chip, which totals to three cabs that were not in pristine condition.

Now, the chips were really, really small, but that is still unacceptable to me. I am sure that they were accidentally overlooked by the owner of the stone like I did not detect it when I bought them. So now I am sending them back for a refund. Oh well, my other stones are gorgeous and I still have a ton of them so I am only a little bit bummed about it. I always closely inspect my stones under a light before setting them....I am very careful about this just in case I miss something when they are bought (hence today's situation!). Now of course this does not include cabs that have natural deviations in the surface of the stone...those are beautiful and what make many stones unique.

Okay I am done with that vent ;)

I did, however, get my signature stamp in yesterday and all of my new baubles will henceforth have my maker's mark. It looks very, very similar to how I sign my initials...so that is very cool. I am so excited about it and I'll post pictures of the stamp tomorrow when I preview my new pieces.

So I'll leave you with this:


VH1 TV Shows Music Videos Celebrity Photos News & Gossip

I listened to this over and over again today....I think she is reminiscent of Chrissy Hynde of the Pretenders.
LOVE it....video is so-so. Her expression in the video just kind of cracks me up :)

No comments: