Friday, October 14, 2011

progress



Life is slowly returning to normal.
I'm putting a lot of time now into finishing my new work.
As you can see above, there will be lots of stones again....some from the Denver Gem show that we went to several weeks ago.

They are ready for bails and things....I'm working on it as we speak.


And I thought I'd show you my new venting system that Norbert and my Dad just put in.
I've been wanting one for a couple of years now!
Just makes things safer and cleaner.

Our studio is just about done now.
All it needs is a few more finishing touches.




p.s. I've decided to post images of my new designs here again before listing.
Soon, soon!

p.p.s. Do any of you metalsmiths out there actually use those tripods??
Mine is sitting against the wall there next to my air purifier and has become only a glorified shelf for my solder...totally useless  :)

Share |

2 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

I use the tripod for probably 100% of my work for soldering bezel to backing plates with embellishments. It works a treat! Love the vent, wish I could have one.

blue hour designs said...

It never ceases to amaze me how many different techniques there are to simply sodering metal: everything from the surface we use, to the types of solder or flux, or even how the flux is applied. Its all based on comfort, I think. I've just been so used to soldering on my bricks, so when I attempt to use the tripod, I get disastrous results ;)