Friday, January 7, 2011

Reconnecting

There is so much to say.
Now where to start....

Norbert and I almost completely disconnected the last few weeks and it was wonderful.
We gave every ounce of ourselves in the months leading up to Christmas that when our last package shipped we packed up and headed out. 



We spent a week in New Mexico with our family, eating, drinking, talking, crying, laughing and sleeping.
You know.
All the good family stuff.


 
(the blue hour!)


When we got back we decided to get some work done around our house that had been on the backburner for oh, so long.




Have I mentioned that Norbert is a jack of all trades??
It is quite convenient, I must say, to be married to someone who can fix just about anything.
He is so much like my Dad in that way.

We decided to rip out two partitions in our front room to expand the area and as a result we need to do some drywall/electrical/venting/painting/wood floor work. Oh yeah, and when I say we, I actually mean not me :)
Norbert's handling this one totally on his own.

So that means I've been full-time mommy.

Last night, was the first time since before Christmas that I've done anything 'blue hour designs' related.
I have so much business and design work to catch up on that I won't be getting into my workshop until Monday.
I am soooo ready.
Seriously.

By the way, I have a stockpile of designs and stones to work on.
I feel like a horse biting at the bit here.

I can't wait to get to work.
I can't wait to show you new work.


And what else have I been doing?


I blew through this and I'm on to the second one.
Don't you love it when your Christmas hints are granted? ;)

I'm well-rested you guys.
Now it's time to hit the ground running.
Things are changing and it feels good.

As a matter of fact, it feels pretty freaking fantastic.


2010 is over and out.


Share |

4 comments:

Monica said...

Great to see you back and rested!

KristaR said...

Your blog postings are as lovely as your jewelry. Best Wishes to you in this new year.

blue hour designs said...

Monica - Thank you Monica! It's good to be back. Happy, Happy New Year :)

Krista - Awwww, thank you so, so much for your sweet comment! Best wishes to you as well!

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

I know exactly how you feel as I've been doing the same thing! the break was a wonderful reprieve, but now it's back to work I go- I've been slowly easing back into it.
I'll be looking forward to seeing your new work as I always love seeing what you're up to!