Saturday, June 2, 2012

this week..


This is where I get to do my yoga practice.

Ever since we got here I've been spending most days either on this deck or inside the house in front of these enormous windows doing yoga. I'm completely spoiled with these kind of views. And it's incredibly quiet. Serene.


I've spent a great deal of time the last few days in this spot as well.
Norbert and the little monkey came down with a bad cough so we stayed put for three days. 



But, seriously not a big deal to just sit still for awhile, even though I'm completely unused to that concept! It's nice.


Yesterday, the sickies finally felt better and we took off to town.
First, we went by the area where Norbert grew up. 



This was all near his apartment that was located in one of the buildings below.
Strangely, it's the first time I walked around and seen this area....




It's nice having a visual of the places that I've heard so much about, including his school.

I stood outside snapping pictures, while Norbert went inside to have a look and even was able to spend time with some of his old teachers who proudly showed him around the school.


Across the street, is where Norbert began his early days hustling pool around the ripe old age of 14 :)
Easy access....I had no idea it was literally steps away from his school. No wonder many of his stories play out there. Many, many stories. Apparently, their math teacher frequently had to go looking for his students in that pool hall when they would not show up to class! 
Walking down memory lane for that boy.....


I have a lot more pictures from later in the day, but I'll save that for another post.
Now, I need to take a nap (late night and it involved Russian vodka so I'm pretty beat) and then it's off to go bowling with some of his family.

Talk soon :)

Share |

No comments: