Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

This morning, when we woke up the temperature was -7 degrees. Fahrenheit.
Yep, that meant we stayed in today!


So I took a few pictures of our day....because you know that's what I like to do :)


These are 'flowers' that the boys recently picked for me.
They are sitting on my desk so that I can see them. I love these little gestures.
It's what being a mommy is all about, you know? It's also a reminder to look a little closer, and stop more often to enjoy what we so often overlook. That's the gift of a child.



And because daddy made banana bread yesterday, mommy needed to back that up with some homemade tortillas.  ;)


Now, that's what a cold day is all about.
Games, puzzles, cooking, tea....


...and an afternoon drinking freshly ground coffee and purchasing a bounty of stones.
Can't wait to show you those!




p.s. This is my favorite version of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'.


Share |

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'd like to live in your house for a day...I love these "A day" photos you share...

That table is great...

Those flowers greater!

xo
A

blue hour designs said...

Andrea -

You must come over for tea...or coffee (whatever your preference!) one day. I have a feeling we'd have a lot to talk about.

:)