Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cleaning house...a.k.a. workshop

I am moving a bit slow again today. For some reason I just can't wake up even though it is now mid-morning. I even went for a run at 6 a.m., which almost always gives me an amazing boost for the day. Needless to say I had to make a nice, large cup of coffee this morning....waiting for it to kick in :)

I am in the middle of organizing and cleaning my workshop. I find calmness in the clean and orderly...it helps keep the creative juices flowing for me. I know this is a bit atypical for many artists, but I thrive on order.

I am excited to get to work on my designs today, though. I came up with some new ideas last night that really excite me...I can't wait to see how they turn out. I took a few more pics of some additional turquoise that I have. I ordered a pair of b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. Kingman turquoise stones that are begging to be set into earrings.

I ordered a bunch of Chinese turquoise before I left as well and below is an example of some of what I have. Love the colors!

As soon as I get my workshop squared away I will take some pictures and post them. I've been needing to do that for awhile.
Also, I thought I would mention that while catching up on one of my favorite blogs (bliss), I became enamored with some lovely clothes that she posted from the designer, James Perse. You can find the specific post here. I have increasingly become more fond of a simplistic design in clothing. I'll take one of each please ;)


Back to work....

No comments: