Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Unexpected day

Last night I had a nice surprise. My husband found a site that featured my jewelry five days ago. The site is scoutiegirl.com and they showcase handmade items everyday. That is very cool...and so is the site. I am going to have to start visiting. :)

So today did not end up being the day I planned for. First of all, I couldn't get my gas tank for my torch open. I had been struggling with it because the the tank key did not fit very well on the tank, so opening and closing was a real pain. I think the previous owners stripped it a bit. Well that meant that we had to load the kids and run to the welding supply dealio and get a new tank. By the time we got back, it was lunchtime...which is always a long process because little mouths have to be fed and then wiped, a diaper changed, songs to be sung (the youngest), restroom visit (the oldest), and a book read, fills the tall order of getting my children tucked in for naptime. Then clean-up, because they are not exactly clean eaters! hahahaha

After that, it was a whirwind of chores, some materials needed to ordered, kids to be played with, dinner and yadayadayada.....until POOF, there went my day. And now I am here for a few minutes before I get to bed so that I can get down here in my studio nice and early to make up for my lack of progress today.

So basically I have had to learn that although a plan and a schedule is a great thing, I have to learn to go with the flow because the reality is that I have two ittybitties and that's just the way it is. I have to admit that giving up a lot of my personal freedom has been the hardest adjustment to motherhood....good thing I love my monkeys A LOT!

So okay, tomorrow is another day for another plan....let's hope for the best ;)

2 comments:

Lenita said...

Hello,
I just found you on etsy - you're work is beautiful. I can very much relate to your lack of time and not being able to plan! I have a 1 and 4 year old and life does revolve around them. We have a sick household these past few days and everything has come to a standstill:) All plans are gone!!
Good luck with your etsy shop.
Lenita

blue hour designs said...

Lenita,
Thank you very much! Funny how your personal schedule evolves into 'their' schedule over time :)
Thanks for stopping by!
- Alysia