Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Beginnings....

I am coming out of my snow covered cave today :)
How are you all?? I realized on NYE that it was not just a new year, but also a new decade. A little slow on the realization, but I do think that is pretty monumental. I'm into that kind of thing. I'm the girl who likes new beginnings and New Year's resolutions. It just feels fresh and exciting.

Oh yeah, and speaking of fresh, here are a few pictures of some of my new pieces that entered the shop yesterday:




I also put up a new banner, which I am sure you have already noticed. I've been trying out some ideas and I think this one will stick for a little while. I am also working on a new shop banner and new packaging....probably a new picture for my facebook page as well. I guess you can tell I like change ;) The problem is finding the time to do it all!

So I've resolved to accept that I will not be a daily blogger. I will try to get on here as much as possible and there may be times when I am here everyday, but I am buckling down and prioritizing my time so that my work days are more effective. I just need more time in my workshop (the fact that I am getting busier is a good thing!). I'm actually posting this on my 'day off', which basically means my day to watch the boys who happen to be napping. My husband is laboring away downstairs catching up on the accounting. Boy do I love that I don't have to do any of that!!

Tomorrow I am back in my shop and I'll be working almost exclusively with metal. I have so, so many designs that I want to dip into.....I may do one ring with a big stone, but otherwise just a lot of metal. More earrings too.

Talk to you all soon.....


It's good to be back :)

3 comments:

Cathi said...

Happy New Year and Welcome back! Love your new jewelry...fabulous! xxoo

blue hour designs said...

Thank you so much Cathi!
Happy New Year's to you as well :)

Charlotta Ward said...

These are all amazing Alysia!
I must enter your new shop and take a second look at all the new stuff. It is also about time I pick something up for myself. A belated new years present for moi! :)

xCharlotta