Monday, July 18, 2011

weekend snippets...



I can't begin to tell you how much I love coffee houses. Cafés. Coffee shops.
Almost every one that I have been to has some element of comfort. Something that invites you in, fills you up and begs you to curl into some worn out, comfortable chair and stay awhile.


I checked out a new one on Friday, with my mom and boys, and I have added it to my list of favs. Because, you know, Norbert and I have a list.

And that list usually must consist of several elements:
1. good coffee (almost goes without saying, right?)
2. cozy atmosphere
3. kid-friendly (because we have two of them attached to our hips for an indefinite amount of time :)
4. good coffee (because it's that important.) Have I mentioned that I have been reaquainted to caffeine thanks to the parents who lived with us for 6 weeks and preceded to grind and brew fresh coffee EVERY morning, whilst living here???!! I know, I just wrote 'whilst'....I think I've been seeing too many Masterpiece Theater movies, lately. But seriously, who could avoid addiction with that kind of morning ritual?!



I look up a lot.
It's random, but I like it.


And I have to say...kids are so much fun. They really are. Their giggles and excitement are SO contagious and one of the best mood boosters. Ever. These boys had perma-grins plastered onto their faces this whole time. Up and down, up and down. And then they topped it off with a big ol' bag of fresh kettle corn.

Ahhhhh, summertime........




p.s. We have something big up our sleeves. Come by on Wednesday (correction: Tuesday) to find out :)

p.p.s. This is how I am starting my work week.....listening to a new spin on an old favorite.





Share |

No comments: